Research Assistant position available at Florida International University.
Closes on Nov. 26 at 11:59pm Eastern Time
Please see below for a Research Assistant position available at Florida International University. Closes on Nov. 26 at 11:59pm Eastern Time. The facility has 3 laser ablation systems, 3 ICP-MS (Agilent 7700, Thermo Element 2, and Perkin Elmer ELAN DRC II), an ICP-OES, a Milestone Ethos-UP microwave, and a JEOL SEM-EDS with an iXRF source, as well as access to digital microscopes, GC-MS, IMS, etc.
Contributes to basic and applied research activities and may play a lead role. Performs tasks on their own initiative. In addition to a firm background in the particular field, demonstrate the ability to assume leadership of small groups and work without additional supervision once objectives are defined and methods of approach are set. May supervise research employees, non-exempt staff, or mentor students
- Performs basic and applied research in forensic chemistry and analyzes and prepares results.
- Manages the day-to-day operation and activities of the Trace Evidence Analysis Facility (TEAF) under the direction of the TEAF faculty facility Director.
- Provides analytical method development, sample preparation and daily operation of analytical the instrumentation located within the TEAF facility.
- Conducts data acquisition and analysis internal and external customers and assists other researchers and students with the operation of the analytical instrumentation within TEAF.
- Maintains the TEAF laboratory QA/QC program including pursuing ISO 17025 accreditation.
- Performs the required maintenance of TEAF laboratory instrumentation and equipment.
- Orders supplies for routine laboratory operations and specific projects, as needed.
- Performs training of undergraduate and graduate students, faculty and other research staff.
- Assists the facility Director with planning, budgeting, purchasing decisions, client support, marketing of laboratory services, and preparation of research proposals and scientific publications.
- Composes the annual report for the TEAF laboratory facility.
- Represents the TEAF Director in administrative and or scientific settings including presentations at scientific conferences as appropriate.
- Develop and teach annual workshops to students and external clients.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Doctoral degree and three (3) years of relevant experience or equivalent in training and/or experience.
- Experience in maintaining a quality assurance and quality control program.
- Ability to perform and maintain laboratory instrumentation and equipment.
- Ability to develop and teach workshop to external clients and students.
1. Select the link to access our careers site.
2. Sign In to access your account or if you are not an existing user select the New User link to create one.
3. Review the job description and select the Apply button to begin your application here .
If you are a current employee of our organization please use the following link instead: